Travel blog about our trip to Austria in September of 2006
Plaats reactie
Pieter
Beheerder
Contacteer:

Sparkly stuff.

Bericht door Pieter »

7 September 2006

Still beautiful weather, 28 – 30 degrees.

No mountain today, but a valley, the valley of the river Inn. Wattens is our next goal, feasting the eyes on sparkling crystals at Swarovski. A brand new park with exhibits with crystals and art by divers artists.
It isn’t very big, but still impressive to see all these sparkly bits and pieces. The ladies went in the shop with their faces lit up, but there is so much to see that it makes the choice on what to buy difficult.
Eventually it was decided on a little ashtray with a real crystal on the lid. That didn’t hurt the wallet.

They sure are commercial, once you have entered the exhibit and went out again after visiting the shop and the café, there is nog re-entering unless you buy another ticket.
No problem here, it was getting very busy with filming Japanese ladies, commenting on everything they filmed, loud and clear so the people back home wouldn’t miss out. Elderly people photographing everything as if they were making a catalogue of their own and ladies that ran you over, because they only saw all the sparkling goodies.
Yet it’s worth a visit this wonderland of crystals, because they keep fascinating us, all these shining facets from the crystals.

It’s almost noon, so we’re heading back to the Achensee. It’s getting warm in the valley, 27 degrees and climbing. On the way over we saw a restaurant where we could enjoy our lunch and decided we should go for it.
The terrace of the restaurant had a panoramic view over the valley of the Inn. The food was delicious and not expensive at all. We enjoyed the food and the scenic views despite there was a haze over the valley. Probably water vapour from the rain that fell yesterday evening in the valley.
The rosé and the beer again go down a real treat on the terrace of the hotel, where we stayed the rest of the afternoon chatting and watching the world go by.

They promised a thunder storm this evening and looking at the clouds it wouldn’t take long before it to start. After dinner I took a pint of beer with me to the room, put up the camera on the tripod and got ready to make some pictures, hopefully successful, but it always is a gamble on where the lightning is going to be.

Suddenly there was a lot of commotion at the side of the hotel, just beneath our balcony. The voluntary fire brigade from Jenbach rushes in, complete with tanker and ladder wagon.
I go down in order to check things out, our car is parked there as well and maybe I have to move it. It’s a false alarm, it was only a fire drill and I took the opportunity to make some pictures of it all.
After the fire brigade left mother nature started her show which we enjoyed. Thus another day in lovely Tirol spent.
Don't put your mouth into motion, before your brain is in gear.
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Austria 2006”