Plaats reactie
Pieter
Beheerder
Contacteer:

Sunday 19 October, Singapore !!!

Bericht door Pieter »

19 October 2008.

Singapore.

And yes, we’ve arrived and the trip went really well. Marijke had brought us to Schiphol and took our car back home again. We were plenty on time and did some shopping at Schiphol airport. We also waited for hours and hours before we got our coffee and bun in some kind of pub with the slowest waiter we’ve ever came across. And they even charged us 20 euros for it. But HA, we didn’t tip him.

We could leave our luggage right away at the check-in desk and didn’t have to wait long, we were second in the line, so this went very smooth. At 10:55 we were at the gate, but it took a while before everyone got on board the plane, which was jam packed full. But we left right on time, 11:55 sharp. I think we had a tail wind, because we arrived early on Changi Airport, 5:40 to be exact instead of 6:35 as planned. This meant we were at the hotel at 7:15, which was very early.
We squandered the time at the pool and enjoyed an American breakfast. At the reception they were very nice to us and we could check in very early, that’s why I’m sitting on the 10th floor writing this and enjoying the view over Singapore. Meanwhile Pieter is checking out the neighborhood for a power adaptor, because the one we bought at Schiphol doesn’t work here. But he is back, with an adaptor, so things are sorted again. We do have to pay for the wireless internet :sad1:, but we’re not scared off by that. Later on we are making good use of the hour of wireless we have and this story is for all to read.

Our flight went very well, first class service at Singapore Airlines, plenty of food and drink and they even provide snacks in between. The seats are comfortable, with enough space for our legs which we build up for comfort, not bad for Economy-standard. We were handed a fleece and a pillow, got our own TV screen with a headset and a little purse with a toothbrush and toothpaste, a pair of socks made it all complete. That’s the way we sat and waited till we landed.

The friendly man next to us let me out of my seat when I wanted it and didn’t want to hear of any excuse, but I really had to go walking every now and then to stretch my legs. Both Pieter and me did some kind of nap during the flight, but a real sleep didn’t work. That’s why the man with the hammer comes by now, I’m going to do a big nap in a minute. That’s what I do at home, so why not here also. We are going to set the alarm otherwise we’ll be sleeping till late tonight. Physical we are as stiff as a board and we both have thick ankles, but hey, we’ll live. For now it’s lights out, tomorrow we’ll be going on a city tour and for the rest I will stay indoors.
Man, it’s hot and humid here, but very beautiful. See you tomorrow, I think, the story is a bit confusing because my brain is a bit mushy right now :knip2: (M)

And now we are going to check out if there are some alcoholically beverages to be found in order to collapse for an hour or 2. After our nap I intend to go check out the surroundings, that is if the rain isn’t pouring down. (P)

It’s 14:00 when we wake up from our coma because of the ringing of our mobile phone, which we set as an alarm. This was for the better, otherwise we would have slept till midnight without any food. We just have to keep going from this point on, to be continued. The weather here? It still is hot and humid, my kind of weather! (NOT) (M)

PS. It’s 6 hours later than in the Netherlands.
Don't put your mouth into motion, before your brain is in gear.
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “New Zealand 2008”